top of page

Support Group

Public·10 members

Do Or Die

Do or Die is an American rap trio originally from the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side of Chicago, consisting of N.A.R.D., Belo Zero, and AK-47. The group experienced mainstream success with the platinum single "Po Pimp", which peaked at #22 on the Billboard Hot 100.[1][2][3]

Do or Die

Do or Die gained a hit with their first single, "Po Pimp".[2] Released on a tiny Chicago label, the track became a local hit and sparked the group's signing by Houston's Rap-A-Lot Records. Given a wide release in the summer of 1996, the single hit number 22, increasing the buzz for a full-length album from the group. In September of that year, Picture This was released on Rap-A-Lot.[4] The album was certified Gold and has since reached certified Platinum, and launched the group, as well as fellow Chicago rapper Twista, who was featured on the track, into superstardom.[3]

In 1998, the group released their sophomore album, "Headz or Tailz". Like the group's previous album, Headz or Tailz was a success, peaking at #13 on the Billboard 200 and #3 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, producing the successful single, "Still Po Pimpin", which featured Twista and Johnny P, and peaked at #62 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #16 on the Hot Rap Singles.[2][3] Headz or Tailz has reached certified Platinum.

Do or Die went on to release several other charting albums throughout the early 2000s, including 2000's Victory, which featured E-40, Ja Rule, and Outlawz to name a few, and 2002's Back 2 the Game, which peaked at #64 on the Billboard 200 and #25 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. In 2003, the group released Pimpin' Ain't Dead, which spawned the hit single "Do U?", which featured Twista and Johnny P. Following this album, Do or Die released D.O.D. in 2005, which featured many notable industry names including production from Kanye West, DJ Quik, and R. Kelly.

Do or Die returned to Rap-A-Lot for 2006's Get That Paper. The album had a much darker, street-oriented sound to it and had only one feature on it from Rap-A-Lot label-mate Bun B. The album was met with critical success.[3]

In October 2007, Belo Zero pleaded guilty in a plea bargain to the shooting death of Raymond "B-Dog" Pinkston and was sentenced to 10 years in prison of which he served five years.[5] Belo continues to maintain that he shot Pinkston in self-defense, however after a 6 year long court battle, he agreed to the plea bargain.[5] During this time, Do or Die continued to make music and were featured on countless projects from various artists,[5] in addition to touring all over the country, and in 2009, they appeared on Twista's single "Yo Body" off his 2009 album, Category F5.

Upon reuniting, Do or Die released several singles and new projects,[4] including "Loudpack" and "Do Yo Thang". The group also collaborated with French hip hop beatmaker Onra on his 2015 album Fundamentals on a track entitled "Over and Over" featuring Johnny P.

On April 15, 2015, Twista announced that he and Do or Die had completed work on a new collaborative EP together entitled Withdrawal. The EP was released on May 19, 2015, and contains six tracks, including a single entitled "Aqua Fina", for which a video was released. In an interview with XXL shortly after the EP was released, Twista confirmed that there would be a follow-up EP entitled 'Withdrawal 2'.

On September 18, 2015, the group released Picture This II. The album featured longtime collaborators Johnny P and Twista on several tracks as well as Rick Ross on the album's first single, "Love in the Sky".

On November 27, 2016, longtime Do or Die collaborator Johnny P died at age 44. While the exact cause of death is unknown, it was reported that Johnny P had been in a coma for several weeks until his death.[6][4]

In 1994, three years before I moved from my hometown of Chicago to Bedford-Stuyvesant, I spent a summer in Brooklyn with my aunt who lived on Bushwick and Gates Avenues. I had secured an internship at CBS News in Manhattan, right before my last semester of graduate school.

The summer of 1994 was no exception. Bushwick was where I was staying, with my aunt, but Bed-Stuy seemed to be where it was happening. The block parties, the open hydrants, the beautiful brownstones, the friendly residents who smiled and nodded from outside their stoops, the Notorious B.I.G. pumping out the windows on virtually every block...

Portions of Scryfall are unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. The literal and graphical information presented on this site about Magic: The Gathering, including card images, mana symbols, and Oracle text, is copyright Wizards of the Coast, LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. Scryfall is not produced by or endorsed by Wizards of the Coast.

Card prices and promotional offers represent daily estimates and/or market values provided by our affiliates. Absolutely no guarantee is made for any price information. See stores for final prices and details.

In my article "SPY: New Downtrend Or Massive Breakout?" published on December 12, 2022, I outlined my thesis seeing the SPDR S&P 500 Trust ETF (NYSEARCA:SPY) being rejected from its converging overhead trend line and most likely facing further short-term weakness. While my hypothesis has been accepted, SPY has now again gained positive momentum and most recently crossed its strong overhead resistances and is now facing a do or die situation, where the index could head for massive gains or be rejected and drop back toward its bottom. In this article, I discuss the most important indicators I consider when taking decisions regarding the SPY, and I examine two strategies addressed to either long-term investors or short-term traders.

All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.

This salesman lived in the city and decided to apply for a sales job at a paint factory in Jersey City. Short on cash, he took a train to New Jersey, which left him seven miles from the paint factory, on a hot summer day.

Help your prospects trust your company, overcome their natural risk aversion, and feel confident in their decision. How? Strategically offer information and interactions which convince prospects your business delivers exactly what they need, when they need it.

Exceptional business development sales results come only from a rigorous, entrepreneurial sales management approach. The entrepreneurial sales manager coaches salespeople to changed behavior, understands the change process, and supports salespeople through change. With a focus on profitability, leadership, and motivation, learn how to transform your sales team into top-performing sales heroes.

Urgency Based Selling addresses the underlying inhibitions and detrimental behaviors which prevent sales success, and replaces them with bold new values and behaviors, which generate outstanding sales results.

Learn more about Urgency Based Selling, a different approach to sales training and changed behavior. Develop a go-getter, entrepreneurial mindset within your sales people-and realize epic sales in record time.

The best moments of Survivor have always been the ones that focus on the interpersonal dynamics and the players' relationships. The most engaging part of the show is how they navigate alliances and make their way to the end while still securing votes.

What did you expect, Jeff? There's always someone out in the first few seconds of an immunity challenge! It paid off as well as it could have at tribal council, even though it felt almost like an afterthought at that point. When Deshawn went up to Jeff and all he had to do was pick a box, it was intense as anything -- but only for a few seconds.

It was a best-case scenario for Deshawn -- he beat the odds and picked the correct box out of a possible three. So for the amount of airtime the whole ordeal got, it was an okay little twist, but it made zero impact on the game, so what was the point?

Liana was absolutely right to call out Deshawn and Danny after the Shan vote-out. With just the three of them left, they cemented their place on the bottom, thinking Ricard would stay with them without Shan.

Xander, Erika, Heather, and Ricard are a tight four. Will they stay tight, or now that it's the final six, is it every person for themselves? There are always immunity challenges to win, though Ricard and Xander have proven to be fierce competitors.

Xander's timing is incredible. In Survivor, it's not just about who you align with, but when you do. Xander has been playing by himself for a while, but he's always had the threat of the idol as leverage, and he's used it for all it's worth. He rode it long enough to find a solid final four he can get to the end with.

Liana and Xander both started on Yase and ended up being the last two of their tribe. Liana has been trying to get Xander out forever, but she never could. She never had enough control to make the vote go the way she wanted. She misplayed the Knowledge Is Power advantage after Xander guessed that she was no longer loyal.

The only way this could get more poetic was if Liana cast a vote for Xander to win a million dollars. We'll see what happens! Xander has a clearer road to Final Tribal than just about anyone, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

When Deshawn broke down at tribal council trying to justify his confrontational attitude to Ricard, Liana gave an articulate, impassioned speech about the experience of black people in the USA and how that translated to the all-black alliance in Survivor.

What followed was a conversation about representation, privilege, and allyship. Danny's grace towards Xander's earnestness was just a beautiful thing to witness, as was his declaration of the faith he has in his future castaways to continue their own education and to help others like them. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup